When you put your home up for sale, one of the best ways to determine the asking price is to look at comparable sales. There’s rarely a perfect apples-to-apples comparison, so a pricing decision often relies on comparisons to several recent sales in the area. Here are five criteria to look for in a sales comparison.
- Location: Homes in the same neighborhood typically follow the same market trends. Comparing your home to another in the same neighborhood is a good start, but comparing it to homes on the same street or block is even better.
- Date of sale: It varies by location, but housing markets can see a ton of fluctuation in a short time period. It‘s best to use the most recent sales data available.
- Home build: Look for homes with similar architectural styles, numbers of bathrooms and bedrooms, square footage, and other basics.
- Features and upgrades: Remodeled bathrooms and kitchens can raise a home’s price, and so can less flashy upgrades like a new roof or HVAC system. Be sure to look for similar bells and whistles.
- Sale types: Homes that are sold as short sales or foreclosures are often in distress or sold at a lower price than they’d receive from a more typical sale. These homes are not as useful for comparisons.
Where technology meets humanity
in Real Estate.
Let us help you find your dream home
Here’s what our happy Handcrafted clients had to say about our services:
Kelli and the team were amazing! I was nervous as a first time homeowner, but they walked me through step by step. Kelly answered all my questions and was patient with me. She seriously explained everything I need in detail to feel confident. Definitely would recommend.
Handcrafted has an amazing team of professionals that will work to make your dream’s come true. Kat is amazing she is always super professional. She answers all questions she is always a text or a phone call away. I highly recommend them to every an anyone looking to buy a home. Thank you kat and your entire team for all your help you need the process so easy and pain free you guys truly are just amazing!
Kat was extremely helpful throughout the whole process and answered every single question I had whenever I asked no matter the time of day. She truly cares about her customers and it showed during my experience. Also made sure I understood what everything meant, as I was a first time home buyer! Thank you so much for everything!
I highly recommend Kat Drake with Handcrafted. As a first time buyer I had many questions and she was always there no matter the time to answer questions. She is very trustworthy and respected any decision I made during the process. With her I never felt like just another number. You really can’t get any better than Kat Drake.
Jared is very attentive and timely in getting things done. He does thorough research and finds the best deal for his customers. It is a pleasure doing business with a true “friend in the real estate business.”
From the moment i met Jared i had a sense of relief because he is a loyal honest hard worker who tries his best in getting done what the customer actually needs, i appreciate all his help and in the future i will use him again.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.